Field Agent generates reports in .rtf format. We are aware that in some cases when you email this report via a Microsoft Exchange server the name of the file can sometimes be renamed to a .dat or .eml file. This is a bug in the way the Exchange server works with some filtering software. You can get around this by either saving the file and renaming it as a .rtf file, as it was originally, or exporting the file to Dropbox and accessing the file via your Dropbox account when you are back at your desk.
Our developers are in the process of addressing this issue.
In the meantime, set out below are some steps to re-name the file. We recommend, however, that you use theDropbox option as this will also ensure your data is backed up.
- Download the attachment to your computer.
- Open the Microsoft word program on your computer.
- Select ‘File’ from the top menu.
- Select ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu and select your downloaded document. If the document appears to not be available, the enable all files option might need to be selected.
- Once the document is open and viewable in Microsoft Word it can then be saved within the usual way that your office reports are saved.
If you’re having trouble accessing the reports please feel free to forward them to us and we will send them back to your as attached Microsoft word documents as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.